The Production Guild and the British Film Commission are hosting a training day to look at the practicalities of running a US High End TV show in the UK.
The training day follows the ongoing demand for UK production accountants and production managers with experience of US TV drama shows increase.
US Production Accountant Peter Tolle will be flying in from the US to lead the training (Nashville; Weeds; Nurse Jackie; Entourage; Six Feet Under).
The course is aimed at financial controllers, production accountants, line producers and production managers who: have experience in US studio feature films or TV dramas whom would like to increase their knowledge; have experience in UK high end feature film and TV drama who would like to work on US shows: or would like to refresh their knowledge.
Up to twelve participants will be able to attend each day.
The day will include:
- US studio management and expectations
- Relationship to the project and studio
- Budgets (amort, pattern, episodic, day costs)
- Calendars (seasons, split days, cross boarding)
- Episodic coding (networks and studio preferences)
- Cost reporting (including daily hot costs)
- Identifying trends
- Working with example calendars, budgets and cost reports
To apply please email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd February 2017. Applicants will be informed the following week whether or not they have a place on the scheme.
Date: Saturday 18th February 10am - 5pm; or Sunday 19th February 10am - 5pm
Location: Pinewood Studios
Cost: £100 + VAT + booking fee per person