As part of Creativity Month 2017, on the 25th March the Big Step VJ Competition is giving visual artists the chance to compete in an exciting new event with a prize fund of £500.
The competition will take place as part of the Celtronic live event in the Glassworks, Derry~Londonderry, featuring Francesco Tristano.
Entry to the competition is free and any VJs interested in taking part should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Name and surname (and pseudonym)
- Address and phone number
- Short bio
- URL to an example of your VJ set (duration 4-10 mins), uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo
The entry deadline is Friday 10th March. No submissions will be reviewed after the deadline.
What happens after that?
- From submitted entries the jury will choose a maximum of six for inclusion in the final competition.
- The announcement of the finalists will be made on Monday 13th March.
- Finalists must attend the Celtronic event in the Glassworks on 25th March and deliver a live, 15 min VJ set.
- Event organisers will contribute towards the travel costs of all those selected for the final.
- VJs must bring their own laptops to the competition. If this is not possible, finalists may contact event organisers to discuss alternatives.
- Judges will evaluate performances in terms of creativity, technical skills, custom content, effects, timing and audience interaction.
- All judges' decisions are final.
The Big Step VJ Competition is supported by the Department for Communities, NWRC and Connected.