Learn how to manage, work alongside or coach people with social communication difference such as Autism, Aspergers or who display related characteristics. Working with a professional actor, we role play true-to-life scenarios of communication differences at college and work and use videos to support the learning experience.
This interactive workshop will involve:
- Review of creative sector roles and social communication elements thereof
- Interactive Lego Building activity, where participants learn about different aspects of social communication
- Developing an understanding of what behaviours of Social Communication Difference (such as Autism/Aspergers) may look like in the workplace
- Increasing understanding of the experience of Autism at in work
- Acted out scenarios illustrating communication differences at college, and in work
- Enhancing confidence in working with people with communication difference or who are on the Autistic Spectrum
- Observation of role-plays that represent real life situations and around table discussions about these.
This free workshop is funded by the Department for Communities which is part of Creativity Month March 2018.
The workshop is aimed at employers, and other people involved in developing the careers for people working in, or seeking a career in, the creative sectors.
Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, please contact email@example.com